We are looking for a team of 3 Support Workers to support a 27 year old Autistic gentleman become more independent in life skills.
The gentleman requires support with all aspects of personal care, getting dressed, meal preparation and medication management. He has epilepsy and this can cause challenging behaviour at times. He enjoys going to the cinema (when restrictions change), going for walks and bowling.
Training will need to be undertaken:
- Understanding epilepsy/seizures
- Medication Management
- Emergency Administration of medication
- Autism Awareness
- Supporting someone with challenging behaviour
- Basic Observation Training
The hours to be covered are 52 hour per week to include:
8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
2 days per week of 6 hours per week to offer 2:1 support (to take gentleman out) = 12 hours
Plus 2 hours per month for another activity
The rate of pay is £11.15 per hour, with time and a half for Bank Holidays plus 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata.
A DBS is required for this position
A car driver with a full clean driving licence is also required
Please apply by CV quoting ref: D592 for further information telephone our office on 01723 588002
Nycil act on behalf of the employer and will pass any applications direct to them.
Reference ID: D592
Part-time hours: 16-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.15 per hour
- Support Environment: 1 year (Required)
- Medication Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Autism Awareness: 1 year (Required)
- York, North Yorkshire (Required)
- Driving Licence (Required)